Monday, August 1, 2011

First day on tour

Thirty miles later I'm sitting on a shady sidewalk in McMinnville, sticking my feet into the path of a stray sprinkler and feeling accomplished. It wasn't the mileage, certainly, or my luck at avoiding several logging trucks: it was the fact that I got out at all.
As I wrote the goodbye note for my housemates and dear friends,I felt increasingly doubtful about this entire expedition. It's hard to convince yourself that the world is worth exploring when it seems like the best people in it are the ones you're leaving behind

But after buying blueberries from a roadside stand and scoring a couch from some wonderful folks on Couchsurfing.org, things are looking up. Thank you for all your support,and happy August.

2 comments:

  1. Olivia, We miss your sweet smile, I've asked my Angel Mom in heaven to keep an eye on you through your travels. Thank you for blogging and letting us old ladies live vicariously through you. Many blessings, ride safe, Love, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand a little about what u must have went through though I don't have the solid core of friends you do.
    When I was traveling around the U.S and Coasta Rica I never really wanted to leave some places because I had made friends and I was so comfortable staying there. What I found time and time again is that there are so many nice, fun, cool people to meet. People like u and I can find friends (good people) almost anywhere.

    ReplyDelete